After a construction project in your home.
After a high-traffic season in your home (such as holidays or grandkids coming to visit).
Between long-term renters.
When pet dander is a problem.
One of the greatest motivators for cleaning a house is when guests are coming over. It seems it is so common that our kids will say, “Who’s coming over?” when we tell them to go clean their rooms.
There are different levels of clean. Sometimes we don’t get too far in a cleaning project because we get held up on one of the chores. Here’s our cleanup list that can help you focus to the end:
1. Take out your garbage, picking up any visible signs of garbage from the floor or counters on your way out.
2. Clean the bathroom—wipe down sink, bathtub, then toilet. Then wash up the mirrors and mop the floor on your way out.
3. Mop other floors, like the kitchen. Vacuum if you have time.
4. Pick up those papers like mail and bills in the kitchen or living rooms. If you are in a hurry, just organize and tidy them up—you might find something to throw away. If you’re not in a hurry, go ahead and respond to them and file if needed.
5. Wash the mirrors or windows around the house.
We just want to start by saying that these tricks and tips will work outside of the Reno, NV area. Tough stains are the great equalizer--they affect us all!
We'll review some of the spots and stains we encounter most on carpet:
Note--please check with the manufacturer before trying any of these solutions. Also test a small area before using the solutions. These tips are intended to help! We are not responsible for misuse of these solutions!
Fat, Oil, and Wax
Paper towel + Iron on warm setting
The stain should come up, sticking to the towel
Rub the pile with the edge of a knife or hard, flat surface.
Cotton ball + rubbing alcohol pressed on the stain. Repeat until carpet is clean.
Wax and Gum
Freeze the wax or gum with ice. Shatter with a spoon. Vacuum before pieces soften. Blot with a towel.
Blot the area with a rag dipped in nail polish remover.
Use one part vinegar + One part water.
Apply solution of 1/2 teaspoon of mild non-bleach detergent + 32 ounces water.
No luck? We are happy to help!
Tropical Carpet & Tile Cleaning
We're going to get your house back to feeling good again, with our expert cleaning techniques. Whether we're cleaning your carpets, tile or your whole house--know that when you walk into your house you'll be feeling relaxed!